NuLook® Pivot Bin Interior
In addition to designing and manufacturing a retrofit interior that would revitalize the look and feel of a B767, as we did with the NuLook RI, we set out to design an interior that would also improve performance and passenger ease of use. The NuLook PBI is that interior. It uses many of the same components and parts as the RI, however just by offering an outboard PBS (Pivot Bin System), we can increase the roller bag stowage capacity and passengers will find it much easier to load baggage into the bin.
Late in 2009, we were awarded a significant contract to supply the NuLook PBI to a major airline, who is modernizing a very large fleet. Engineering has wrapped up the design of the new interior architecture, production has manufactured several shipsets, and the refreshed B767 planes will be flying soon.
Key Features and Benefits
- Provides fresh styling for the cabin which is similar to the newer generation of aircraft
- The new pivot bin design offers a very soft appearance, which visually complements both the centerline pivot bins and ceiling contours of NuLook
- Eliminates the need to implement Service Bulletin 767-25-0336, which saves the airline from losing stowage space for approximately 24 roller bags
- Increases stowage capacity in the outboard bin area to approximately 116 carry-on roller bags (from 60 post service bulletin)
- Improves the passenger view of aisle video monitors
- Arched ceilings add head room, look modern, and offer an uncluttered appearance
- One piece sidewall panel design eliminates dated looking sidewall riser panels